@dvandom's City Of
Heroes/Villains characters - Beta
December 1, 2012
Back to the Main Page.
I'd never really bothered keeping track of Beta, other than sometimes
screenshotting costumes for characters I planned to remake on a live server.
After all, I rarely ever teamed on beta, so I didn't really need to keep
track of what I had there...and I could always transfer something in from
live at need. But on November 30, 2012, it occurred to me that I might want
to make some sort of record of what I had, especially since some of it never
would go live. So, after lunch, I grabbed screenshots and info.
At the time the game ended, here's my beta roster. Characters who weren't
imports will be linked to infoblocks.
Because I didn't keep close records, I'm having to go from memory on the
characters I deleted to make room (although I suppose I could have bought
extra slots, everything in the Paragon Store was free).
- Doctor Aeschaton (Hero) - Due to the Immortal Game
he had all his incarnate slots open and filled with tier 4s. So, in a way,
one of my last characters was the most powerful. Native to Virtue, L53.
- Dan Tracey (Hero) - Native, built for Issue 24
- K-Type (Vigilante) - Brought over before the version that had Hybrid
unlocked, he was my go-to guy to test high-level hero side content, because
he was so frelling overpowered. Native to Triumph. L53.
- Artemis A (Hero) - I think I copied her over so I'd have more options for
beta version Incarnate Trials, but I only really used her to send money to
new characters. Native to Virtue. L53.
- Acton Lord (Villain) - Brought over to do high level villain content,
before I'd moved him off Virtue, but rarely used because Corruptors solo
poorly. Native (eventually) to Protector. L53.
- Goldion (Hero) - Made for beta testing Titan Weapons
and Long Distance Teleportation. One of the few times I accepted a level
bump, and only to 40. Ended high in L41.
- Beemahboi (Hero) - Made to beta test Beam Rifle
and Darkness Manipulation, as well as the Elemental Order costume. Soloed
through the entire First Ward arc in beta as well. L26.
- Server Wench (Rogue) - Brought over to solo high level villain content
once I died too many times on Acton Lord. I believe she had a Hybrid crafted
but the slot not yet opened. Native (at the time) to Liberty. L53.
- Gilly Callum (Vigilante) - Imported to run the Brickstown Vigilante arc
for Issue 24. Native to Exalted. L32.
- Qombat (Rogue) - Imported to run the St. Martial Rogue arc for Issue 24,
then I found you had to be L31-40 for it. Oops. Native to Triumph. L41.
- Crazy.Guy (Hero) - Not really sure why I imported him, especially since
it meant deleteding the slightly different beta-native version. Native to Protector. L33.
- Carnivore X (Villain) - Brought over to do the L40-50 villain arc in
Issue 24, but I ended up doing it on Server Wench instead. Native to Virtue. L41.
- Skwirl Torch (Rogue) - Once I found Qombat wouldn't work, I spent a
couple of days getting Skwirl Torch over to Rogue on Infinity so I could import her to run the St. Martial
- Sharon Venturi (Hero) - One of the plans floated on the Livejournal group
was to bring everyone's first character (or oldest L40+) to beta and do a
Dr. Quaterfield taskforce. It never materialized, though. Native to Virtue. L53.
- Freeflight - Archery/Trick Arrow Corruptor hero, but done up more like my
Champions character from the late 80s, as a tech type. Rerolled on Exalted
with an Exalted RPG visual theme.
- Pinkemina Pie - Rerolled as just Pinkemina on Exalted.
- Generic 000 000 000 - Rerolled with slight differences on Exalted.
- Darkon Generator - Made to try out Darkness Control and Darkness
Affinity, I used the powerset to make Lord Ebon on Protector.
- Crazy Guy - My Staff Fighting testbed, rerolled as Crazy.Guy on
Protector, and overwritten by the imported version.
- There might be one or two others, I'll edit this if I remember them.
|Info (copied from game
With Martial Combat (and Martial Assault) coming in Issue 24, I realized I
could make a credible Dan Tracey to go along with Jen Kleinvogel. The
Sorcery I tacked on just to try it out, if I24 had gone live I would have
given him Leadership instead. I ran him through the new King's Row arc in
which some of the old Regulators business from the 1980s reared its grim and
gritty head, and the Skulls got a long-overdue revamp.
(Never filled this in)
Battlecry: (or this)
This was made to try out Titan Weapons...and when I saw the Rocket Hammer I
knew who I needed to make. Goldymarg, wielder of the Goldion Hammer, from
Gaogaigar. Of course, I also wanted to play with the new Long Distance
Teleport power, so his build ended up being pretty awful and I had a devil of
a time getting him through the L40-50 arc for I24 later on. He did use other
costume slots, but only to model other weapons. The reason he didn't go live
was that I had other ideas I wanted to try by the time Titan Weapons came
out. Ironically, the Titan/Elec combo did end up working pretty well for me
on Mobile Suit Gangnam.
When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. But if the
hammer's big enough, that's just fine.
Battlecry: Turn into light!
Costumes 1 and 2
This guy pulled triple duty. Not only was he testbed for new Primary and
Secondary powersets, he was also a clothes horse (both costumes use piecs
that were new in beta at the time) and I ran him through all the First Ward
arcs solo. I guess that might be part of why I never made him in live, I was
kind of tired of him by that point! I did use the power set for American
Eidolon, though. He's also kinda rare for my beta natives in having a pretty
fleshed out background.
The First Ward is one chompy channel, chums. But the pickin' is gruuvi for
ghoulie gear, mekatek that's been turned all funkadelic by the hoodooyoodoo
in the Ward. Most people won't touch it, but I got a mad beatbox tween the
audios, I'll take that chance!
Battlecry: Boom, badgers!