Legion of Net.Heroes art by Dave Van Domelen
Last Updated 8/5/20
Kat rescans added.
Date of drawing or other artwork given at end of list entry. All images
copyright Dave Van Domelen as of the listed date.
In late 2011, a 20th Anniversary "LNH20" line was started up, and I decided
to participate at least a little.
- Kindle - Fire-based healer. The previous healer
types in the LNH were, strictly speaking, not public domain and had never
been officially released by their creators. So Andrew Perron created Kindle
to fill the gap (LNH20 replaced a lot of not-really-public-domain regulars
with new ones that were explicitly thrown open). Rough
pencils, original colors (screwed up on the
ethnicity), nighttime fill experiment on original
Miscellaneous LNH characters
- Acton Lord II: The new Acton Lord, as seen in
Dvandom Force #75! 12/12/96
- Cliche' Dude: In a cliched Spawn pose, natch.
Thought bubble is filled with "ow ow ow ow ow ow". 3/27/93
- Coppermane: The cyborg crimelord, reluctant
ally of the Century Pact and sworn enemy of both Dvandom Force and the Queen
Bee. The visual design is heavily borrowed from the killer robot in the
manga and anime "Black Magic M-66." 2/28/97
- Fearless Leader: As seen in Stranger Tales #3-6,
leader of the LNH from an alternate, wReamless, reality. 1/12/96
- Kid Chivalry: The next issue should come out
any day now, honest! 4/14/93
- Hackemon: A parody of Pokemon, set to appear in
the arc "Gotta Catch 'em All!" in Dvandom Force #97-100. Pictured are
(starting at top and going clockwise) Picochu, Unix, DOS.duo, Charaset,
Bulbas.org and Vultrix. 6/22/99
- 2016 rescan: Because, frankly, the 1999
scan is pretty bad.
- Kid Kirby: Jameel tells me Kid Kirby looks
nothing like this. Oh well. And to date, Kid Kirby has not used the Cosmic
Tobaggan depicted here. 3/19/93
- Moose Man: Kyle Lucke's solo hero in the LNH
Looniverse, he operates out of Min.net.sota. 3/6/96
- Multi-Tasking Man: Guest-starring the Planetary
Chance Machine, a hacky-sack, "I'm Nuts About Ninjas" display on top of the
computer. Text below signature reads Chrome courtesy of Kid Kirby." 3/3/93
- They Might Be Villains: Technically pre-LNH, since this
was from my college Champions campaign and drawn in January 1992, but this is
basically the team that showed up in the origin of Constellation. 1/5/92.
Dvandom Force members, past and present
- Dvandom Force Team Picture: Circa Dvandom Force
#74-75, with Kat in her new outfit. A smaller version of this is on the
Dvandom Force Archive page.
- Bludwulf!: During his Liefeldisation Programme.
Text beneath the smoke reads "Apologies to the BBC." Penguins are saying
"Squawk!" and "Honk!" 10/13/94
- Shane Boxer: Dvandomforce rebel from the future of
2077, he switched minds with a normal joe in the present in an attempt to
stop the creation of DeFacto V. He failed, but ended up trapped and
powerless in the 20th Century, but in the wake of the Century Pact gained new
powers from the servants of the tyrant he worked to overthrow!
Unfortunately, this picture really didn't turn out as well as I'd have
liked. Oh well. 5/2/97
- Constellation II: In Dvandom Force #100, Shane
Boxer became the new Constellation, as seen here. The costume design is
somewhat a parody of the "Dark Flash" costume introduced in Flash #150,
although in this pose it's not as obvious. Rather than coloring this piece,
I painted it. The black is a gloss acrylic enamel. I laid down a sort of
nebular background on the body with light grey, but that barely shows up in
the scan. Then the metallic bits and the stars were added with white acrylic
paint. The energy construct around him was painted grey with splatterdabs of
white. Sky blue and grey paints were used for highlights on the metal bits.
- Cheeez Arrow: Before he retired to become plain
old Stanley King. Visually a blatant ripoff of Green Arrow. 8/24/94
- FireTsar: Combined form of the Robos piloted
by the trio above, first seen in Dvandom Force #55 as components and in #56
as FireTsar. 9/22/95
- Kat Pictures (Rescans digitally adjusted for yellowing paper)
- Kopikat: Circa Constellation #20, back when she
went by the name Robot Girl. 2/15/94 Rescan 2021.
- Kopikat: Circa Dvandom Force #58, with
Skysabre's non-Projector form included for scale. 10/19/95
- Close-up of Kat's face from the above drawing,
since the detail all washed out in the full image. 10/19/95
- Panzer Cycle: This sleek vehicle is one of the
things Kat built after becoming human again. It has one big spherical wheel
and uses a modifed Shirow style drive system (like on the plastic tanks in
Dominion v1). Capable of high maneuverability and speed on all but the
roughest terrain. 9/10/96
- Kat: Kat's new costume, which debuted
around Dvandom Force #74-75, plus another view of the Panzer Cycle (and
yes, the Panzer Cycle looks like a cat's head from the front). 9/10/96
- Kat Action Figure: A Dale
Arden (Flash Gordon animated series) action figure kitbashed into Kat. I
had to trim the hair so it wouldn't scrape against the shoulders of the
figure, then I used Sculpey to build up the more bulky parts of Kat's suit,
which is based on (but not identical to) the one just above. I had some
trouble with getting decent contrast on the scanner. 2/20/98
- Kath Anders: How Kat looked before she got so
badly injured that she had to be scanned into a MAC format to save her life,
about a century before she joined the LNH. Shown here taking a break from
trying to build her own Robo to pilot, done in grayscale markers and pencils.
Pencils only, Finished
work, but I wasn't happy with the elbow and tweaked it digitally for the
version at the head of this entry. 8/23/12
- Lynk Pictures
- Rotanna and Kid Macro: Scene from during the
Evolution arc. Text below Rotanna's logo says "casts spells in rot-13
cypher" and that below Kid Macro's logo is "super-speed via predefined macros."
- The VAXX and Lynk: Lynk is Rotanna as she will
be by the end of the Kooks of Magic arc. This has been a "spoiler." Warning,
this image is significantly bigger than the rest of those on this page.
- Anna as Dreamqueen: Lynk in the regalia of
Dreamqueen that she will adopt by the end of the Death Duck Saga (Dvandom
Force #91-96). Built with Milliputt epoxy putty from a Dr. Judy Robinson figure from the Lost In Space movie
toy line. Further details of construction in the image. 12/1/98
- Macroman Pictures (other than the one above)
- Macroman: Kid Macro's mentor back when he was
a sidekick. Superspeed via predefined macros. 3/13/96
- Macroman presenting an honorary RACCie to Mark
Waid, for inspiring the Born To Be Run arc in Dvandom Force #62-65.
- Macroman action figure: I took a Prince Talon action figure from the Flash Gordon
line and built it into this Macroman toy. After removing the blades from
forearms and knees, the wing-attachment pegs and the dippy ponytail, I built
up the wristbands, helmet, kneepads, belt and harness with Sculpey. I
decided to turn the unremovable bits on the back into a backpack and leave
the jets on the calves, to represent Macroman merging elements of his Robo
Warriors suit with the "classic" Macroman costume. The figure remains full
mobility at all joints (shoulders, hips, waist, neck) although repeated
movement will probably cause some paint to rub off near the seams. 5/3/98
- Acton Lord/Kid Pocky/Sig.Lad Variants - All the incarnations of Richard
- Acton Lord versus Sig.Lad: The picture which
launched a thousand stories, drawn way, way back in 1992.
- Acton Lord Figure: When I spotted the Czar
Nicholas II figure from the Anastasia toy line on clearance, I realized I had
a perfect base for an Acton Lord figure. The way the arm joints worked meant
I had to alter the color scheme, but hey, Acton Lord probably had multiple
outfits. I "shaved" the excess beard, added the crossbar to the "A" sash,
filled in the hips, changed the hairstyle, added goggles and made a cape from
thin cloth. I really lucked out on the cape, it looks spiffy. I also had to
glue the toy's feet to a Lego piece, because Czar Nicholas II couldn't stand
up on his own. Neither could the toy. 4/13/98
- Xenon X-odus Angstvangelion: Due to appear in
Dvandom Force #87, a parody of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Shows Kid Pocky as a
- Kid Pocky: Techno-mystical master of
Pocky, the Super Snack. No relation to
Pockyman. Eventually revealed as Acton Lord
- Skysabre: Drawing exists only as a t-shirt right
now, you may note some warping. Scanning shirts is a ROYAL pain. This is
Acton Lord in the X-Post Facto alternate future.
- Sig.Lad: Circa Constellation #13, with Sword of
- Sig.Lad Domo-kun: Over 20 years
later, I took the above costume and painted it onto an Aquaman Domo-kun
figure. June 2014.
- Squidman Pictures
- Squidman: Text reads "After Medina (after
Kane)". Swipefiling is alive and well in the LNH! 6/28/94
- Sidewinder, Squidman and Kid Macro:
Suited up in their Robo Warriors armors (first seen in Dvandom Force #54).
Large image. 9/11/95
Back to main drawings page.