My Little Pony Gallery
Last Updated: 3/22/18
Restored lost data.
My Little Pony: The new Friendship is Magic series is good, and has
inspired a fair amount of art from me. Eventually it got big enough to spin off
into its own page.
- Bellum Sara: Mayor Mare in the My Little
Pony: Friendship is Magic has been compared to Mayor Mayor in Powerpuff Girls
a few times, suggesting she's kinda airheaded despite her air of authority.
So, given that there's a "Bella Sera" horse merchandise line, I decided Mayor
Mare needed an assistant. A quick marker drawing done at full page size and
shrunk down to hide the lack of detail. 1/8/11.
- Rodeo: Yes, another pony. This is Adam
Warren's Empowered as a pony. She started out as a "damsel in distress"
character and still has a tendency to end up in bondage, so it was a bit
tricky finding a clean way to reference that in the pony version. I settled
on naming her Rodeo, she just happens to get tangled up in her own lasso a
little more often than she'd like. And yes, Adam Warren is a ponies fan.
Sharpie and Prismacolor, with white gel pen for stars and hightlights.
- Dual DJs: Pony meets superhero, rather than pony
version of superhero. In Avengers Academy #13, Speedball was DJ for the
Academy's prom, so I decided to team him up (in a more TF:A style) with DJ
Pon-3/Vinyl Scratch, the DJ from the My Little Pony episode "Dress for
Success". Again, mix of various Prismacolor products, Sharpies for the
black, and a little bit of white gel pen. Pencils,
which were changed a bit before inking. 5/5/11.
- Ponyzilla: Drawn in early August 2011, after
I'd packed up all my art supplies and before I moved to Nebraska, so I
colored it with some tiny novelty colored pencils I'd forgotten to pack up.
Godzilla as a Friendship is Magic pony. Forgot to give him a cutie mark, but
I doubt anyone'll call him a blank flank. August 2011
- My Little Loper: Drawn shortly after arriving at University of Nebraska -
Kearney, it's their mascot Louie the Loper as a pony-style character. Scanned color work, colors
deleted and replaced with digital flats. September 2011
- Enhorser 1003: My City of Heroes
charcter Enforcer 1003 redone as a pony. Because reasons. 1/17/12
- A Nemesis Plot!: A member of the Nemesis Army
as a pony, displaying his plot. 2/10/12
- Brayniac 5: Hyperintelligent donkey and member
of the Legion of Super-Horses. The design combines Cranky Doodle Donkey with
several different Brainiac 5 versions. Why the exasperated expression?
Well, Pinkie Pie has a descendant on the team.... 3/6/12
- My Little Banespawn: A cute little monster
from City of Heroes reimagined as a denizen of Equestria. 3/9/12
- Zeetha (Girl Genius) as pony: Inspired by the
April 20, 2012 Girl Genius comic,
it's the Skifanderi warrior woman Zeetha as a pony, imparting her wisdom to
- Gamer Luna as Captain Haley: Captain Haley is
one of the Cygnar Warcasters from the Warmachine miniatures game. Gamer Luna
is mostly computer games, but I figured she might have found Warmachine via
the VASSAL mod. 9/7/12
- Ponynoia: Friendship is Mandatory: A take on the
classic Paranoia cover image, with a unicorn pony Troubleshooter. 9/17/12
- Slipstick: My "ponysona", or a version of me in
Equestria. The cutie mark is a slide rule (or "slipstick"), and the object
he's messing with is a cylindrical slide rule, the supercomputer of the
pre-electrical era. One of that size might cost as much as a modest house.
- Morvahna the Dawnhorn: A Hordes Warlock from
Circle Orboros, re-imagined as a pony at the request of one of my local play
group when I was in Nebraska. July 14, 2013.
- Spectrum Pony: Spectrum from Superguy as a pony. (I think I might have him in
that gallery too, but might as well put it here too.) July 17, 2013.
- Comet: The sports mascot of Cottey College
(where I got a job in 2013) is the Comets. I initially thought of doing a
MLP-style Comet the Super-Horse, but someone beat me to that idea and did a
much better job, so I shifted to using the school colors and making up a new
pony. But the yellow marker scanned badly, so I had to replace all the
yellow digitally, and did a background fill while I was at it. 7/22/13
- Comet Rescan: I got a wand-style scanner and
tried it out on this picture. No tweaking required on this one.
- Pony Anthem 1: Anthem is one of the signature
characters for the City of Titans MMO, and I drew a bunch of versions of her
for my own amusement, including two ponies. Why two? Well, this one was based
on her original costume, but she later got a significant redesign. February 16, 2014.
- Scud, the Disponyable Assassin: Scud the Disposable
Assassin as a pony. Because. April 20, 2015.
- Fluttershy with Glunkus and Hobo: One of my rare
"straight" drawings of a canonical pony, but with a twist. Glunkus and Hobo were
dream-inspired Neko Atsume cats that were popular on Tumblr for a while, so I
let Fluttershy meet them. January 2, 2016.
- Gordy, Agent of SMILE: Once SMILE became a canonical
organization in My Little Pony, I just had to dredge up Gordy from Priest's run
on Power Man/Iron Fist in the mid-80s, and ponify him. April 8, 2016.
- Ember the Dragonlord as Wonder Woman: Sure, why not?
April 19, 2016.
- "Greetings, Fellow Kids" with Sunset Shimmer: I took
the Steve Buscemi bit and put Sunset Shimmer in his place. I mean, she's supposed
to be several years older than Twilight Sparkle, who's a full adult, so how can she
possibly be fitting in so seamlessly as a high school student? :) August 8, 2016.
- Hoof Turkey: Someone tried to justify a "hand turkey"
in MLP, and frankly it just doesn't work. But I figured out how they could make a
turkey with a "draw an outline of your hoof" base. November 23, 2017.
Back to the main drawings page.