Miscellaneous Gallery - Miscellaneous Ponies
Dreadmuffin and Corgberus added to minis.
Back to Kitbashes.
This isn't an exhaustive collection of my My Little Pony kitbashes, there's
also some in the Transformers PVCs and ASH Kitbashes galleries. I also did a lot of my
with MLP themes.
- McDerpy: A Happy Meal Rainbow Dash from the Friendship
is Magic series, resculpted and repainted into the background character
fan-named Derpy (or Derpy Hooves) and possibly officially called Ditzy Doo.
I later did a second one, using a McCelestia to create a "princess mode"
Derpy, Derpestia. And then I was commissioned to make one for Purple Tinker,
so I tried out a different tail idea.
- Rodeo, the Empowered Pony. It started with a drawing, and then I realized I could
probably turn a MLP:FiM Applejack figure into Rodeo. So I did. I decided
not to try to add to the flanks with putty, this is just a paint job and a
- Mini-Derpy, a hair-modification and repaint of a PVC
Fluttershy from the My Little Pony puzzle packs sold at K-Mart in 2011. I
later built a flight base from Apoxie Clay, some BBs and a section of 4mm
clear tube. I also got some matte sealant when I bought the tubing, so
dulled down the finish for the final picture (but left the eyes glossy).
October 2011. (Turns out the sealant was glaze, rather than matte.)
- Pony flight base 2: This one I made with
regular modeling clay of the air-drying variety, with steel BBs mixed in for
stability. The Rainbow Dash on it is unmodified. October 2011.
- Celestia Repaint. I got the original FiM 5-pack with pink Celestia, so
of course I had to repaint it white. But I also added sparkles. 1, 2, 3. October 2011.
- My Little Stig: Not a pony per se, but
inspired by a conversation in which it was pointed out that the MLP version
of Top Gear would be Chuck & Friends. So I modified a Chuck & Friends car
into The Stig from Top Gear. December 2011.
- Twilight Sparkle is Best Dalek: A Character Builders brand Dalek the
Supreme repainted in colors inspired by Twilight Sparkle. January 2012.
- The Armaments of Harmony: I cut apart several Mechwarrior clicky-base
game figures to make weapons that my blindbag ponies could carry around.
None of these is permanently affixed to the pony, although some rest pretty
unstably on the pony's back. February 2012.
- Derping Do: After the "Read it and Weep" episode, I knew people would be
making tiny hats and turning Rainbow Dash figures into Daring Do. So I
twisted that sideways and made a Rainbow Dash figure into Derpy Hooves as
Daring Do: Derping Do! February 2012.
- MegaBloks Swarm Dragon Spike: I got one too many copies of Pulse Gaia in
the blindbag mini-dragons line, so after a failed attempt to dye it I decided
to paint it as an adult Spike. I later went back and made a replacement
spike for the back so that a wingless version could be done. April 2012.
- The Champonis: On a whim, I decided to turn a spare Rarity into Black
Widow. When asked if I'd do the other Avengers, I decided to do the other
Champions of Los Angeles instead, because why do what everyone else is doing?
The Champions were a short-lived team in the 1970s that started with Black
Widow, Ghost Rider, Angel (Warren Worthington), Iceman and Hercules, and
later picked up Darkstar. The premise is that the Mane Six are cosplaying,
with varying degrees of committment to the look (i.e. Applejack only wears
the outfit, while Rainbow Dash is willing to cut and dye her hair). June
2012 for the Mane Six.
- Big Macintruck: I bought a couple of the Cars2 two-packs when they hit $4
in order to get the exclusive pitties, which left me with two excess Maters.
So I made one into Big Macintosh as a truck. July 2012.
- Blindbag Big Macintosh touchup: The
blindbag toy is okay, but was missing the light yellow hooves, plus the mane
wasn't orange enough. I decided not to try making a yoke for him, so I guess
this is naked Big Mac. Gasp! August 2012.
- Donut Joe Truck: I had another Mater, so decided to make him into a Donut
Joe truck. Donut Joe is a minor character, appearing briefly in "Best Night
Ever" and more prominently in "MMMMystery on the Ponyville Express". August
- GoldPinkie: Just a spare moldmate of Pinkie
painted gold with some new gold leaf paint I got. September 2012.
- Comet the Cottey Pony Blindbag: A repainted
blindbag Rainbow Dash mold as my Cottey College pony. Considering that I only worked
there for one year, I sure did a lot of Cottey pony stuff. November 2013.
- Big iMac: A Big Macintosh blindbag figure painted silver
with eyes based on one of the starfield desktops/screensavers used by iMacs.
- Maude Lebowski as Maud: A Maude Lebowski as bowling
valkyrie from the drug trip sequence in the Big Lebowski, painted up as Maud Pie.
- Brayniac 5: Got a clearanced Cranky Doodle Donkey
and modified it to get as close as I could to the drawing I did of Brayniac 5.
- Aggrarity: Rarity blindback figure modified into an
homage to Aggretsuko, the cute animal office worker with a heavy metal persona life. June 2017.
Starting in 2014, I started going in on various pony-themed miniatures
Kickstarter projects. Some are chibis, some are more normal proportions. "Pewter Ponies"
and Impact Miniatures are responsible for most of these, but there's also scratchbuilds.
The scratchbuilds are grouped with whichever style they were meant to go with. Most of
the Impact ones ended up being Cygnar ponies, and are also found on my Warmachine page.
Impact Miniatures Ponies
- Rainbow Dash - The original KS was a mix of named
official characters and generics. I got the Mane Six, an assortment of generics, and the
stretch goals. February 2014.
- Derpy Hooves - a KS stretch goal. February 2014.
Celebrating Derpy Day 2014.
- Slipstick - My OC pony, made from a generic Earth Pony.
- Sungazer - A pony based on Solar Max (from my
Academy of Super-Heroes setting, click the ASH gallery at the top). February 2014.
- Brighthorn - Another ASH character, who got
a ponysona of sorts in a story I wrote. February 2014.
- Rodeo - The Empowered pony as seen above in brushable
version. February 2014.
- Fluttershy - Okay, back to the Mane Six. March 2014.
- Applejack - March 2014.
- Twilight Sparkle - March 2014.
- Pinkie Pie - Getting the sproinging effect was tricky.
- Rarity - March 2014.
- Mane Six all together - Yes, I designed their bases
to all work together. March 2014.
- Fluffle Puff - A scratchbuild meant to go along with
the Pewter Ponies. Comparison to other minis, including
my Chrysalis-themed Cryx. April 2014.
- Corn Pone - An OC made up to use one of the generic
Earth Ponies. May 2014.
- Amarilla - OC Pegasus pony based on Amarillo College,
which I had been hired by as of painting this, but I hadn't actually moved there yet. It sits
atop my desk/shelf unit at work to this day. May 2014.
- Sergeant Horsey - In the Phoebe & her Unicorn comic
strip, an homage to MLP shows up every so often. Sergeant Horsey was a crossover character
with the strip's version of Transformers, with cybernetic wings. So I got some space clockwork
wings from Convergence of Cyriss figures in the Privateer Press bits store, and made my own
Sgt. Horsey from a spare Earth Pony. August 2014.
- Swarm Princess - I didn't go as big into the second
Kickstarter from Pewter Ponies, and as of 2018 still have only painted this one figure, the
not-Chrysalis of the set. (I had a lot of other miniatures kickstarters deliver at the same
time as Pewter Ponies 2.) March 2017.
- Thunderer - A Colossus Pony based on a Trojan Horse. It had casting trouble, but I asked to
get one anyway, and I modified it heavily. Not based on any real Colossal. March 2015.
- More WIP views of Charger, Sentinel, Minuteman, and Lancer -
All made from Clockwork Pony miniatures with various add-ons, including some official Privateer parts.
Clearly not legal for tournament play, but my goal was to make them as obvious as possible so that they
could be used in friendly play without being confusing. I decided to go all Light Warjacks with these.
- Pony Charger Warjack: Since the actual molds were rather
non-standard, I stuck with a fairly "studio" color scheme for this and the others. Actually uses
spare Heavy Cygnar Warjack weapons. March 2015.
- Pony Sentinel Warjack: The gun is another leftover official
weapon, but I scratchbuilt the shield. March 2015.
- Pony Minuteman Warjack: All accessories scratchbuilt (with
some help from Lego) on this one. March 2015.
- Pony Lancer Warjack: Scratchbuilt shield, spear is an arrow from
some Chap Mei toy. March 2015.
- Brass Swan, Warcaster Adept: An OC warcaster made from a
Pony Cyborg mini with some additions. Basically Kara Sloan, but as a cyborg. For some reason I
decided not to go with Haley 2. March 2015.
- Radiant Hoof, Courser Knight Solo: Another OC, since Precursor
Knights don't even have solos yet (as of 2018). Based on the Pony Cleric, with modified weapon.
- Gorman di Pone: Pony version of Gorman de Wolfe, based on
the Pony Alchemist figure, with a custom gas mask. April 2015.
- Goat Tinker: Built from a Littlest Pet Shop goat with a scratchbuilt head, a pony version of the
Gobber Tinker figure. May to June 2015 (took a while to find a LPS goat body).
- Early WIP - Just the rough core of the new head.
- Ready to paint - I looked for dollhouse-scale tools to
give him, btu ended up scratch-building a wrench.
- Doctor Hooves Eleven: Of course, it's not ALL Warmachine ponies,
I also got some Doctor Who/Hooves stuff from Impact. This is Eleven, with his sonic. June 2015.
- Eleven with TARDIS: The TARDIS comes from Models & Minis, a
local Texas Panhandle miniatures sculptor. June 2015.
- Doctor Hooves Four: AAAAAAAH all the STRIPES I had to paint.
- Robocanine: I couldn't get Four without K-9, yes? And the collar
gave me more stripes to paint, whee! July 2015.
- Corgberus: Not technically a pony mini, but corgi heads are possible
on an Orthrus in the Tails of Equestria game, so why not this? Went with a "merle" style coat rather than
the traditional corgi pattern. This was 3D printed in clear blue, rather than resin cast. September 2018.
- Dreadmuffin!: Derpy's eternal foe! This was also 3D printed in
clear blue plastic. October 2018.