The Game of Pulp Space Combat
Back to the main Wizkids Kitbashes Page.
There's not a lot of kitbashing to do with this game, as with Pirates I'm
mostly confined to accessory stuff. But I'll also host my Asteroid Gallery
here, to help people figure out if they've got all the asteroid
Accessories et al
- Accessory Kit 1: I made this before the
game came out, guessing (incorrectly) at the length units. I probably also
need more base dice markers, since a new pool of 4 starts with every boarding
action. I've already made new length sticks, but I want to wait to do a few
more things before taking another pic.
- Accessory Kit 2: Retains some elements
from kit 1, but adds more. I've decorated the resource funnel, cut measuring
sticks of the correct lengths, put resources and pods in baggies, and gotten
a niec black canvas bag to carry everything (except for the funnel).
- Map 1: Made from 6 sheets of black craft
foam. It looks nice, but the seams cause problems, so it's back to the
- Transforming Andora: The cruiser
Andora transformed into a giant robot Armada with wings. I took a number of
liberties with the design to make it look better, but the basic idea should
be physically feasible. 9/3/05.
- The Dark Angels: A drawing of my vision of
the pilots of the Dark Angels squadron. Based slightly on Hazel and Jamie of
the webcomic "Girls with Slingshots". 10/15/05.
- Space Pirate Ship Silent Death: The Neptunians
had not yet come out at the time I did this, but I had some spare galleys
from Pirates of the Barbary Coast...so I made my own. I reshaped the
oarbanks into wings.
- Cinnabar Space Navy Ship Conqueror: Tried
going the other way, putting sails on a rocketship. Not so good. May revamp
As with the islands in Pirates, WizKids apparently doesn't think anyone cares
about collecting the asteroids. So I'm taking it upon myself to scan them in
and provide a gallery. Each is grayscale plus one or two other colors on the
base side. Given that there are 16 island die cutting patterns, there could
be as many as 16 asteroids, although I'm hoping it's just eight (with the
other 8 patterns being reserved for the Giant Shocking Space Jellyfish to
premiere in the first expansion...yes, I'll do a Jellyfish gallery too).
- The Footprint - Extra colors are red and
- The Molar - Very faint yellow.
- The Egg - Very faint yellow.
- Binary/Docking Ring - Red. A binary
asteroid on the rogue side, has a nifty docking ring on the other. My
- Blue Base - Blue.
- Crater Dock - Yellow, red. Scan courtesy of
- Yellow Cross - Yellow. Scan courtesy of
- Outpost Eleven - Yellow. Scan courtesy of